Spiders are a common pest found in many homes and businesses in Australia. As a matter of fact, Australia is unarguably a well-known country for spiders. There are about 2000 spider species in the country and only handful of them are dangerous. While most are not typically considered a major threat, many people are still bothered by their presence and may want to get rid of them. The question is does pest control kill spiders? The quick answer is yes, it can!
Pest control professionals use a variety of methods to control spider populations. Some of the most common methods include the use of pesticides, baits, and traps. Albeit small, these nasty crawlers can quickly grow in numbers specially during their breeding season. You don’t want to see them crawling anywhere in your indoor or outdoor space for sure. So, here are some of the different pest control methods for spiders.
Chemical Pest Control
Chemical pest control methods involve the use of pesticides and other chemical solutions to kill spiders and other pests. These methods can be effective in controlling spider populations, but they can also be harmful to humans and pets if not used properly. It is important to follow the instructions on the label and to use the appropriate amount of pesticide for the area being treated. Some popular chemical pesticides used to control spiders include permethrin, bifenthrin, and lambda-cyhalothrin. For safety, you should call a professional pest control company who knows how to administer pest control using chemicals.
Mechanical Pest Control
Mechanical pest control methods involve physically removing spiders and their webs from your home. This can be done by using a vacuum cleaner to suck up the spiders and their webs, or by using a broom or dustpan to sweep them away. This method is effective for controlling small populations of spiders, but it may not be practical for large infestations. Additionally, it is important to be careful when vacuuming or sweeping to avoid crushing the spiders and potentially releasing venom. In this method, it also important that you’re aware of the different species of spiders. You may never when you encounter a dangerous one.
Biological Pest Control
Biological pest control methods involve using natural predators to control spider populations. This can include introducing other insects that prey on spiders, such as ladybugs and lacewings, or using parasitic nematodes that can infect and kill spider eggs. This method is considered a more environmentally-friendly option, but it may not be as effective as chemical or mechanical methods in controlling large spider infestations. For large infestation, it is important to call a professional pest control company.
Environmental Pest Control
Environmental pest control methods involve making changes to the environment to make it less hospitable to spiders. This can include sealing cracks and crevices where spiders may enter, removing piles of debris and clutter, and reducing humidity levels. This method can be effective in preventing spiders from entering your home and in reducing their overall population.
Professional Pest Control
If you are unable to control a spider infestation on your own, it may be necessary to seek the help of a professional pest control service. Professional exterminators have the knowledge and equipment to effectively eliminate spider infestations and can also provide ongoing pest control services to prevent future infestations. Of all the methods of spider-control, professional pest control companies might be the best option for you for the following reasons:
1. Expertise and experience. Professional exterminators have the knowledge, training, and experience to effectively identify and eliminate spider infestations. They are able to quickly and accurately identify the type of spider and the extent of the infestation, and can then use the most appropriate methods to eliminate it.
2. Safety. Professional exterminators have the necessary equipment and protective gear to safely handle and apply pesticides and other chemicals used to control spider populations. They also have the knowledge to safely handle venomous spiders and take precautions to avoid getting bitten.
3. Thoroughness. Professional exterminators will not only eliminate the visible spiders but also spider eggs, webs and other traces, which will help to prevent a resurgence of the infestation. They can also take steps to prevent spiders from returning, such as sealing entry points and reducing humidity levels.
4. Time-saving. Hiring a professional pest control company is a time-saving option, as you don’t have to spend your time trying to control the infestation yourself. Moreover, professional pest control companies are equipped with the latest tools, techniques, and technology to carry out the job quickly and efficiently.
5. Environmentally-friendly. Professional pest control companies often use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach which focuses on using the least toxic methods first and only escalating to more toxic methods when necessary, this approach is more environmentally-friendly and less harmful to human and pets.
In conclusion, there are a variety of pest control methods available for exterminating spiders. Chemical, mechanical, biological, and environmental methods can all be effective in controlling spider populations, but each has its own advantages and disadvantages. If you are unable to control a spider infestation on your own, it may be necessary to seek the help of a professional pest control service. It’s important to keep in mind that it’s important to take safety precautions and follow instructions when using pesticides. It is also important to consider the environment and the impact of these methods on other living organisms.
When a pest infestation begins, homeowners and commercial property owners want to resolve the situation as quickly as possible using do-it-yourself pest control and natural therapies. However, dealing with these disaster-causing creatures might put you and your family’s health at stake. Not to mention the fact that this may be a short-term fix to your pest control problems.
This is why we recommend you contact the professionals at The Local Guys Pest Control. They are equipped with the required knowledge, experience, and modern technology to give long-lasting solutions to all sorts of pest infestations.
They have a great deal of experience in pest control in Brahma Lodge, so it is advisable to enlist the help of professionals like us to get rid of those pesky bugs for you. To obtain a quotation, please get in touch with us right away!
Please fill in ALL the below information and one of our friendly staff will contact you within 2 business to discuss your pest control needs.