16 Feb How Much Does Pest Control Cost?
How Much Does Pest Control Cost?
How Much Does Pest Control Cost?
Are you suspecting that there are pests in your home? Well, any home or business could develop pest infestation when exposed to pest-prone conditions. The summer is a breeding season for termites, which makes homes near termite-infested areas at high risk of infestation. Other pests like rodents and flies could easily find their way to your home as soon as they sense rotten materials within the premises.
One thing is for sure – all pest invasions require control service to completely eliminate them. So, how much does pest control cost? Would it be smarter to DIY pest control or hire a professional service to do it for you? In this article, we will give you an idea about the cost of pest control.
General Pest Control
General pest control such as ants, cockroaches, and spiders can start from around $100 for a one-off treatment and $300 to $500 for a quarterly or bi-annual treatment. Note, that the price can be unique for each company, considering the varying criteria for the determination of pest control price. Some companies can charge less or more, depending on the types of products, quality of results, severity of infestation, and amount of travel time they require to get to the destination.
Termite Inspection & Control
Termite inspections can start from around $200 for a basic inspection and $500 for a full inspection. Basic inspection can include focusing on a certain area in your home, which you’ve suspected that a termite infestation is happening. Full-house inspection could be a more thorough inspection, which will trace signs of termite infestation throughout your entire home.
On the other hand, termite treatments can start from around $1000 for a basic treatment and can reach several thousand dollars for more extensive treatments. A pest control company can administer a treatment depending on the diagnosis. Chemical treatments, for example, can be used to create a barrier around a building or to directly target and kill termites. Other types of termite treatments include baiting systems, physical barriers, fumigation, heat treatment, and microwave treatment.
Rodent control can start from around $150 for a one-off treatment, and $300 to $500 for ongoing treatments. Rodent control refers to the methods used to eliminate or reduce the population of rodents, such as mice and rats, in a specific area. Some common methods of rodent control include trapping, baiting, exclusion, and habitat modification. In severe cases, professional pest control companies would use pesticides or rodenticides to poison and kill rodents.
It is important to note that the use of chemical control should be the last resort, as it could have a negative impact on the environment and non-target animals. It is always best to consult with a professional pest control company to determine the best course of treatment for your specific situation.
How Much Is Pest Control in Australia – Factors Affecting the Cost of Pest Control
Pest control in Australia can cost a few dollars or more. However, it’s worth noting that these prices can vary depending on the service provider, the region, and the type of property, so it is important to do research and get quotes from different companies before making a decision. It’s also a good idea to get a quote from a professional before making a decision. The following are the different factors that affect how much pest control costs.
1. Type of pest: Every type of pest requires different methods of control, and some pests are more difficult to eliminate than others. For example, termite control may be more expensive than ant control because termites can cause structural damage to a building.
2. Severity of infestation: The more severe the infestation, the more extensive the treatment will need to be and the higher the cost will be.
3. Size of the property: The larger the property, the more extensive the treatment will need to be and the higher the cost will be. In some cases, the price of pest control is measured according to the size of your property per square meter.
4. Location of the property: Pest control costs can vary depending on the location of the property. Urban areas may have higher costs due to the density of the population, while rural areas may have lower costs.
5. Type of treatment: Different types of treatments, such as chemical treatments, baiting systems, and physical barriers, can vary in cost.
6. Type of contract: Contractors can either be a one-time service or regular service. A regular service contract tends to be less expensive in the long run as it will help prevent future infestations and will be more cost-effective.
The reputation of the company, the experience of the technicians, the guarantee of the service, and the insurance are also factors that can affect the cost of pest control services.
Read What Our Customers Have To Say
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
We offer a bunch of services and treatments to control pest infestation for the masses all across Australia. Our pest control services can manage:
Flying insects (wasps, bees, flies, mosquitoes, etc.)
Crawling insects (termites, spiders, cockroaches, ants, etc.)
Birds and rodents (rats, mice, birds, etc.)
Our team of experts works towards returning your home back to you just so you can resume your life without any disruption or hassle, which is exactly what makes The Local Guys Pest Control the absolute best in the game!
Request A Quote
Please fill in ALL the below information and one of our friendly staff will contact you within 2 Business to discuss your pest control needs.